Become a member today to enjoy all the privileges, facilities, and community the Greater Morristown YMCA affords! We serve 9 communities within our area, but everyone is always welcome.
The Greater Morristown YMCA, in keeping with its mission to help all people realize their fullest potential, encourages and supports the participation of all in YMCA programs. We serve all children, families and adults regardless of gender, race, color, nationality, religion, ethnicity, disability or language.
Applications for the 2nd half of 2017 will be accepted May 1st thru May 31st.
Financial assistance is awarded to those who demonstrate financial need. Scholarship decisions are made by the Financial Assistance Committee.
To apply: Download the application and return it with all required documents to the attention of the Financial Assistance Committee.
The deadline to apply is November 30 and June 1. Applications are accepted November 1-December 1 and May 1 - June 1.
Scholarship applications are reviewed in December and June.
We offer corporate memberships. Please contact Connie Zambri, Membership Director at ext. 29.
Membership Referral Program
Refer a friend, a neighbor, a co-worker to the Y*. When they join:
You will receive a 1 month extension to your membership and Your friend will receive a $25 coupon towards their next renewal (expires in 1 year).
It's our way of saying thanks! Just pick up a Member Referral Card from the front desk or download here: Referral Card
Fill out your information and have your friend bring it to the Y when they join. That's it! Referral cards are valid for new incoming members who join as: young adult, adult, family, or senior memberships.* Membership referral program is not available when a youth or teen membership is purchased, for monthly payment plans, summer or college break memberships specials or special corporate rates.
Military Outreach Program
The Greater Morristown YMCA is proud to offer Y memberships e to those serving our country in the United States' military and their families.
Title 10 personnel are eligible for a Y membership, including:
- Family members of deployed National Guard and Reservists
- Active Duty Independent Duty personnel and their families
- Relocated spouse/dependent children of deployed Active Duty personnel
Note: The Relocated Spouse category supports families/spouse who relocate away from an installation/duty station while the active duty service member is deployed. All of the following criteria must be met:
- The service member is on active duty
- The service member is DEPLOYED for a minimum of six months (on deployment orders—NOT unaccompanied orders, NOT geographic bachelors)
- The spouse has relocated away from the military installation where the service member is assigned (most often, back home near family)
- Wounded service members assigned to a Community Based Warrior in Transition Unit (CBWTU)
- Contact Military OneSource at www.militaryonesource.com or 800-342-9647 to confirm your eligibility and receive an eligibility form.
- Fill out and bring your eligibility form, Military ID and any other required documentation (usually, your Deployment Orders or Military Service Headquarters approval letter) to the front desk. Please do not leave copies of these documents at the YMCA.
We will honor other Y cards with AWAY sticker for a nominal fee.
Your membership card must be presented at the Member Service Desk for entry. Lost card fee: $5.00
We reserve the right to cancel classes and make schedule changes when necessary. We reserve the right to cancel a class if a minimum has not been reached. If we cancel a paid class due to low enrollment, a Greater Morristown YMCA credit will be issued in the member's name*. Classes canceled due to weather, illness etc. are not rescheduled nor refunded.
Members may withdraw from a paid class during the first 2 weeks of the class and receive partial YMCA credit*. In order to receive partial credit, the director of the department (fitness, youth and family, aquatics etc.) must be notified within the first 2 weeks of the class. If you are unsure who to contact, speak to someone at the front desk. They will be able to direct you to the appropriate person.
*When our YMCA credit is issued it may be used for membership or programs. The credit will expire 1 year from date of issue. We do not offer cash or credit card refunds.
At times, we must close the entire building or certain areas of the building in order to upgrade, fix and maintain our facilities and equipment to better serve the needs of the members. We try our best to do facility and equipment work during off hours, but sometimes we can't. Closures can also be caused by events beyond our control ex. weather, accidents, etc. Classes and/or other activities may be canceled due to these closings. Any use of your YMCA membership, classes, activities etc. cannot be made up. No refunds or credits will be issued for membership or programs due to these closures.
YMCA membership and programs are non-refundable and non-transferable. Medical extensions apply to single memberships only. Please note that memberships set to expire during a program session must be renewed before class registration may occur. Membership must be current for duration of class.
The Y reserves the right to suspend membership privileges (without refund or warning) of:
- members who aid the unauthorized entrance of non-member
- members who become physically or verbally abusive or offensive to other members, guests or staff
- members who disregard posted rules and regulations
- members allowing another person to use membership card
- violation of Code of Conduct
- Members whose needs we cannot serve
Memberships and programs are not transferable or refundable.